Skip to main content

Ichiro Sushi Bar, One Utama

01/01 (Tue)

After the grand breakfast, we went for Les Miserable with a happy tummy. Its a nearly 3 hours fantastic shows. I'm glad that we filled up our tummy before the shows start. We not even feeling any hunger after the shows end. However, something light to bite as late lunch will be a brilliant idea. I wasn't aiming for a coffee break, but a sushi experience at Ichiro Sushi Bar located inside Isetan Food Street. A sushi bar that I wanted to try for long, but frighten off with the price. This round, since we just wanting something light, I guess some sushi will do ... ... right?
We were greeted politely at the entrance. The waitress allowed us to choose our table of preference. Its a weekday, only a table was taken. Moreover, its already passed lunch hour. We grabbed a small table for two, oh well, not much choices frankly. Orders were taken not by the staff, its via the Ipad beside each table. We started with a hot and a cold green tea, and a chawanmushi for him. A decent cup of chawanmushi, nothing bad to comment but sadly nothing too impressive as well. 
He wiped his hand clean from ordering sushi, your command, he said. I started with Sanma and Anago, each in a pair. Of course, our sushi was deliver by the staff, 4 in a plate. 
Shape and fish were serve in generous portion. Fish was fresh, rice was warm. I put in my mouth, chewed and swallowed. I looked at him, lack of kick, he said with a smile on his face. Yes, it was lacked of some kind of kick to burst our mind off. I shouldn't compare, I mumbled , and he laugh. 

Sanma Nigiri
Anago Nigiri
Any sushi else? He said. No, I said, no kick, no mood. He smiled, and took over the command, swiping over the sushi roll session. A few minutes later, a Salmon and Avocado Roll was serves to our table. What a fat, thick and tall roll. This do a better job than sushi, most probably because of the mayonnaise.
A Grilled Salmon Roll was sent to our table, not long after he swiped on the Ipad again. Last one, he winked. Oh, I will say save the best for the last. This Grilled Salmon Roll is the best among our ordering. Sweet, fresh and thick cut of salmon, slightly grilled at a side, topped with fish roe and special sauce. A perfect trio! Most probably the roll should be smaller in size. Its a challenging task to put the whole piece in mouth, indeed, its an ugly action too.
Total bill at RM77.70. Expensive? Actually, no. The price is very reasonable, just that the meal didn't feed our tummy to a satisfy condition. Will we be back? I have no doubt on the freshness and succulency, but I really doubt if we will return. Maybe for a light bite, maybe, just a Grilled Salmon Nigiri, maybe.




- the end -

Comments

  1. Order so much and only cost RM77.70, quite cheap...
    Those sushi looks so "high class"
    Yummeh~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Price is very reasonable, just not very filling after the meal :p

      Delete
  2. Ish... I just read your post :(

    I would choose to go back, their sushi is kinda big size if compared with others, a more fulfilling sushi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ... yeap!

      I do agree that the sushi is big size and the price is very reasonable, not over charged.

      The main point for us that we are not going back is sushi selection is limited. Moreover, to eat sushi until full, the price to pay off is quite steep as well (for us lol) The hidden point is ... ... ... ... for a restaurant that mark themselves as sushi bar, I personally feel that the sushi is lack of kick.

      Hahaha .. maybe it just us that do not know how to appreciate it :p

      Delete
  3. 今早忙到我要哭了!!看到你的sushi又计划周末要吃什么日本餐了!*ok心情平和一下!

    你们叫了不少的sushi,而且不是那种最普通的,这样的价钱很好呀!

    *怎么好像从来没有看过这一间 @@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 價錢不貴, 壽司也很大件, 只能說是我們的期望太高吧.

      好耶! 竟然要去吃日本餐, 醬爽, 哪間啊?

      這間在 Isetan 頂樓日本餐廳街裡.

      Delete
  4. 想而已啦!这星期好累,要好好休息,周末有婚宴要出席。 星期日找找看看。。。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 好忙喔妳! 不過老公回來了就跟他來個甜蜜約會吧

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk