01/26 (Sat)
My mate was asking for a spin after his hard work, a coffee break for you, he said. I was like .... .... where to go? Empire for Whisk? Paradigm for Plan B? At this time, I doubt we can grab a parking in shopping mall. Lets drive to Uptown, I said. JinYi by Coffee Ritual!? Fat Spoon!? No. No. A new cafe, a new cafe name Departure Lounge. And then, here we are, in Departure Lounge. Not crowded as I expects it should, plenty of tables still available when we stepped in.
Not aiming for food nor sweet, I went for a Flat White while he asked for an Ice Peach Tea. While waiting for drinks, I took a piece of breakfast sheet and shows him. Interesting, lets come for breakfast tomorrow.
My mate was asking for a spin after his hard work, a coffee break for you, he said. I was like .... .... where to go? Empire for Whisk? Paradigm for Plan B? At this time, I doubt we can grab a parking in shopping mall. Lets drive to Uptown, I said. JinYi by Coffee Ritual!? Fat Spoon!? No. No. A new cafe, a new cafe name Departure Lounge. And then, here we are, in Departure Lounge. Not crowded as I expects it should, plenty of tables still available when we stepped in.
Not aiming for food nor sweet, I went for a Flat White while he asked for an Ice Peach Tea. While waiting for drinks, I took a piece of breakfast sheet and shows him. Interesting, lets come for breakfast tomorrow.
He grabbed 2 pieces of cookies, Red Velvet Cookies after a few sips of drinks. Very interesting flavor but nothing spectacular in taste. We noticed that the foam for coffee was quite rough which cause the coffee art didn't stay long. Not too sure if its due to the milk or the barista.
01/27 (Sun)
Since Departure Lounge starts the business at 8am, we came here pretty early, 8.15am, as the first customer. I guess the crowd here could be lesser than the chain in Mont Kiara, which is perfect for us who prefer a quiet ambiance.
Its breakfast time, we both opted for coffee, a Piccolo Latte and a Cappuccino. Again, the coffee arts were impressive but again, it didn't stay long. The foam starts to bubbles and getting rough as time passes. The art just faded off after a while. Any how, Departure Lounge still serves a good cup of coffee.
*the bubbly milk was explained by Departure Lounge co-owner, Annie (refer to her comment below). Its due to the fresh beans are generally gassy, causing the milk to bubbles*
*the bubbly milk was explained by Departure Lounge co-owner, Annie (refer to her comment below). Its due to the fresh beans are generally gassy, causing the milk to bubbles*
Piccolo Latte
Cappuccino
As for the breakfast, my mate chose a 5 items breakfast and I was aiming for 3. The breakfast is default with 2 pieces of toast, where we both upgraded to an English Muffin for him and French Toast for me. He also upgraded his canned mushroom to fresh mushroom.
Lets see, a 5 items breakfast inclusive of English Muffin, Fish Fillet, Turkey Ham, Grilled Tomato, Scrambled Egg and Fresh Mushroom. The upgrade to English Muffin is a brilliant choice, we both love it very much. It taste heavenly with butter.
As for my 3 items breakfast, I went for French Toast, Pancake with syrup, Caramelized Banana and a Hash Brown. The hash brown is a MUST, love the crispy texture, and it serves in big size too. Caramelized banana is something very interesting. I would love to order it again but my mate doesn't seems admire it. OK, he just hates banana.
- the end -
Oh the coffee arts do look impressive! Too bad I don't like coffee.
ReplyDeleteI am also not a fan of English breakfast but your choices do look tempting. I love English muffins, yummeh! And I wanna try the caramelized bananaeeeee~ Looks good.
And as usual, you take good food pics. Full frame too? LOLX, as if i know the difference.
Mmmmhmmm...as if you know the differece lol
DeleteNo, I don't use full frame, not that rich nor pro to go for that expensive camera. I'm just a casual user, hahahahaha
I'm curious what kind of breakfast you admire? Dim Sum?
The English muffin here is quite good, you can have a try next time. Have it with a hot chocolate since Moon said the hot choco here is good too
Oh yeah, thumb up for the caramelized banana, so soft so sweet, melted in mouth
Breakfast choice? Dim sum is good for me, as well as local food such as nasi lemak and noodles. I donno, I am not really THAT into Western breakfast. Or Jap style also ok, 饭团 (is it origini or wat?) I like ^^
DeleteHmmmm nasi lemak eh, Uptown do have a very famous nasi lemak restaurant which start the breakfast at 7am and get crowded pretty fast. Maybe I should bring my camera there next time to send you a nasi lemak via internet *blink* The same way I sent you char xiu. Btw, I posted my most beloved char siu while you were away in Japan. Keep that in mind so that you can visit it next time when you here.
DeleteIts Onigiri. Not sure if Penang has the chain or not, but in PJ I used to see this small cafe style selling onigiri. I think is call Niko Niko Onigiri ... hmmm ....
我要吃那个 5 items breakfast!!!
ReplyDelete阿鲁也是很厉害拍像你这种咖啡照片~ 我拍照时很懒惰站起身的,所以我都不会拍,哈哈~
想问个白痴问题,点咖啡然后要加拉花,需要多加钱的吗?
最多可以選7種喔, 不過我們那時不打算吃那麼heavy所以作罷
Delete我也很懶, 所以沒有站起來, 我是坐著拍的
有拉花的咖啡不用加錢. 某些咖啡師很厲害的地方還可以要求要怎樣的圖案都行
Love the 5 items breakfast so much!!
ReplyDeleteDAMN!!I'm hungry now :p
May I know how much for the 5items breakfast and those coffee?
Default 5 items cost RM12.90 but we upgraded from toast to english muffins (+RM1.50) and from canned mushroom to fresh mushroom (+RM1.50). You can make it up to 7 items at RM14.90 too.
DeleteThe Piccolo Latte at RM8 and Cappuccino at RM8.50
They do have 3 barista's signature which I personally feel very unique and plan to try it out next round.
GOSH!! ME WANT!!!
DeleteThe price is quite reasonable :)
Yeap, thats why we also fall in love with the breakfast here.
DeleteYou can order the breakfast all day round, even at 4pm lol
Glad that you like it!
ReplyDeleteMmmmhmmm, nice cafe. We like it for breakfast time :)
Deleteei...你们两个不是要见面的么??
DeleteYer你也去了DL!!!!!我要去我要去!!我要我的big breakfast!!! 但是最近都没有时间*哭!!!
ReplyDelete还有拉花很美!很值得!!!!
嗯...這家不錯下的, 價錢也挺合理, 可以考慮去
Delete啊Moon忙到沒有時間約我啊
为什么......为什么我们这里找不到像样的西式早餐.....T_____T
ReplyDelete如果这里有这么一家店,我跟阿叻应该会addicted
这家公主有blog过,连你都赞好,看来真的很好
公主常泡這家咖啡館啊。。阿moon好像也很愛泡這家的早餐
Delete妳新年下來的時候記得安排一家啊,KL那帶應該也不少哦
那个曲奇饼干你形容味道为Very interesting,想必一定不是人人能够接受的吧!!
ReplyDelete咖啡的拉花很漂亮,让我蠢蠢欲动想安排尽快去一趟。我喜欢可以选择性的早餐,这样很自助style。
妳想像red velvet 口味的cookies嘛,其實也還好,我覺得味道頗淡的
DeleteDeparture Lounge 的咖啡師都有一定的水準,我覺得不差耶。你打算去哪家?Solaris 那邊之前看阿moon寫道人好像很多醬,uptown這家我去的時候沒什麼人潮,所以我還蠻喜歡的
Hash brown必點喔!
這家的價錢很公道!(應該說跟其他cafe比的話,還算便宜)
ReplyDelete我喜歡3 items breakfast。早餐通常我吃不多,不過還是比較嚮往西式早餐。總覺得西式早餐比較健康XD
好想嘗試Caramelized Banana啊!
對!雖然份量比較少可是價錢真的是無話可說
DeleteCaramelized banana很好吃~~甜甜的...
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog while googling for Departure Lounge. I am Annie, the co-owner. Thank you for your kind words towards the cafe. I hope you had an enjoyable time. Just to explain to you why the milk on the coffee 'bubbles'. Our coffee beans are roasted and imported weekly from 5 Senses Coffee Roasters in Perth. Typically, coffee beans are 'gassy' when they are fresh (within 2 weeks of roasting) and that's the reason why the milk 'bubbles'. It has nothing got to do with the milk, and our staffs are trained by award winning baristas :)
Once again, thank you for blogging about us and I hope to see you again soon! :D
Hi Annie,
DeleteThanks for dropping by and thanks for the explanation about the 'bubbles'. I am aware that your baristas are all well train, it shows at the coffee present to us. I am amazed with the awards your baristas won from the barista champion too :)
And yes, we do love your cafe, was planning to bring my sister for a try next week.
Thank you for your support! Hope to see you then :D
ReplyDelete