Skip to main content

Zen Japanese Restaurant, Sunway Pyramid

12/10 (Mon)

Since I already 守不住寡, and the next day is public holiday for Selangor state, and my mate suggested that we should go for a pre-holiday celebration since its going to be a holiday for me. He has no holiday as his campus falls under KL district but he had only 2hours class the next day, so can it consider as holiday too?

Anyway, here we go to Sunway Pyramid. We were wondering what to eat during our journey there.  My initial suggestion was Dome. However, the sad case is Pyramid has no Dome. Somehow, a desire of fried udon strikes my mate, hardly. Hence, we walked entire Pyramid, flipping the menu for all the Japanese restaurants. How many of them? Hmmm, Ichiban Ramen, Pasta Zanmai, Sushi Zanmai, Zen Japanese Restaurant. With the conclusion of non of them selling a fried udon, we made our move to Zen.

Zen, a Japanese restaurant run under the management of Super Dinning which also own Rakuzen, Kura and Hokkaido Ichiba. We had a very pleasant dinning experienced at Kura, guess its no harm to try out Zen since its under the same management with a similar menu. As usual, there is always a special promotion menu where we prefer to order one or two items from it. Generally we kinda avoid ordering sashimi. We still order for sushi, preferable with processed fish. 

We got ourselves a Ishikari Nabe, a hot pot with miso soup based, filled with toufu, mushrooms, vege, corns and salmon. A wonderful warm pot for a rainy night. I loves miso soup, hence, I loves this pot. My mate loves soup, hence, he loves this pot too. Salmons were fresh and portion was generous. Moreover, its a thick cut. 

 Ishikari Nabe
My mate placed an order for Garlic Fried Rice to go with his  Ishikari Nabe. The taste for the fried rice was mediocre. But, well ~ rice and soup always make him a happy boy. We were choosing either a Wagyu Burger or a Jingisukan, a grilled mutton. My mate decided to go for Wagyu Burger for the reason of Jingisukan has bean sprouts. Wagyu burgers served in 2 palm size patties on a fire pot. Oh, with a small bowl of terayaki sauce too. The beef patties were about half inches thick, warm, tender and juicy. It tasted awfully delicious with the sauce, a perfect match.  

Garlic Fried Rice & Wagyu Burger
As for myself, I ordered for a Sake-Chazuki, a Salmon with rice tea. It actually comes with a selections of salmon, salmon roe, plum or mentaiko. I chose Salmon as the topping. It served nicely with a grilled salmon, a white rice, a pot of fish soup (I guess, since it has Katsuobushi in the pot), seaweed with some crunchy stuff. I totally ignore the pickled and spring onion. 

Sake-Chazuki
Put the salmon on top of the white rice, put in all the seaweed and the crunchy cereals. Then pour in the fish broth. Its a very simple dish yet taste amazing after mixture of all the side dishes. 
We walked out the restaurant with a 100% satisfied tummy. No room for dessert no matter how I would really like to try out the Hokkaido Blueberry Daifuku. Cheers to the wonderful night ~




- the end -

Comments

  1. Shouldn't read this when I am biting buns and drinking milk for lunch. Ish. Wagyu beef somemore, so much so for someone who is screaming: I WAN TO SAVE MONEY! =.=

    Dang, such a luxe meal, me is jealous. I nid some good food to balance up my jealousy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In reality it does prove that woman changes her minds as fast as flipping book.

      I do still on my plan of SAVING MONEY (I swear!)

      No worry about your buns and milk, I'm having my sandwiches and tea for lunch too. And yeah, you should go to grab a good one tonight, tomorrow its Friday~~

      Btw, you have such an entertainer at your blog, shall I says congrats?

      Delete
    2. =.= "entertainer", what a good word to describe. I am trying my best to remain polite (though with a tinge of sarcasm that I am not sure he will get it), but I think enough is enough. Not going to give him too much attention. Ish!

      Ya, keep flipping ur mind so I can have alternate posts of homecooking and yummy outside food to keep me awake during office hours.

      Delete
    3. You never know that maybe your entertainer actually told someone that he was at some other place and somehow his face appear on your blog at a different place. But I wonder which photos (only 2) that caught a clear face of him though.

      Oh definitely will remains alternate choices for you. I has no idea why my desire of searching for food has increase drastically at this festive season. I just hope that the desire will gone after this month so that I can continue to SAVE MONEY (cross finger)

      Delete
    4. Oh ya, since Tf brought up this issue, I want to comment as well... YT, well said! Salute on you~

      Delete
  2. 守不到寡,so now u r "hao po"????哈哈哈哈 xDDDDD

    huh~还好我昨晚才吃三文鱼 (话说最近家婆常煮三文鱼,所以我出外都不吃这个了)

    。。。
    但是最后的三文鱼+紫菜这样在饭上,还是很吸引下~~~*在公司流口水!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 呵呵呵...我沒有說我是喔 :p

      妳家婆對妳很好, 她醬怕三文魚都煮給妳吃, 好好喔

      嘿, weekend 叫妳老公帶妳去吃!

      Delete
  3. Hot pot, miso soup- my favourite too!
    Oh I want to skip this post as I haven't take my dinner at this hour... Ish, diet diet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, you so late still didn't have dinner?

      Are you sure you on diet or you just work till no time to eat?

      Delete
  4. 这家我吃过,不过是前年的事情了!只记得当时里面好多人生意好好!

    TF上次你说JB有一件Cafe你想去的,是哪一间呀?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 我們去的時候還蠻早的, 所以沒有那麼多人. 可是隔壁的 Sushi Zanmai 已經排隊到 Zen 的大門前了, 好誇張.

      喔, 那家 cafe 啊, 不曉得妳有沒有聽過 My Liberica Cafe (http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Liberica-Coffee/223872167624130) 它剛開的時候我就蠻想去的, 可是一直都沒有機會再去 JB 所以它就一直在我的 list 裡等我. 妳去試試看吧 ~

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk