17/12 (Mon)
Oh well, we were again in Zen, where the last visit was just ... ... last week? My mate claimed that he didn't order for udon and he wanted it eagerly now. That's the reason we again appeared in Zen.
Luckily he really ordered for an udon, a Nabeyaki Udon. I can't promise I won't whack him if he happen to order for something else. An udon was a great choice for a rainy night. I had a few sips for this, its a good one for sure.
On the other hand, I wasn't too hungry. I recalled the Anago Oshizushi we ordered during our visit to Kura was a pretty good one. So, a Saba Oshizushi this time maybe. It serves in 6 pieces. I personally felt the fish was too thin, I prefer thicker cut, for more fishy taste. No doubt, it is still a firm and delicious sushi.
I had a very very very excellent sushi experience in Taipei with Nomura, where I first met Anago which surprised my taste bud to max. It melted in my mouth. I somehow craving for one and it happen that Zen does serves Anago. So, here come our Anago. Of course, it can't compete with the one we had in Taiwan, I was a bit upset. My mate commented that my taste bud was spoiled. He claimed that the sushi in Zen can be mark as a good one among Japanese chain restaurant. He even suggested that he shall bring me to Sushi King one day, then I will appreciate the serving in Zen.
We didn't order for dessert because I wanted to have this butterscotch mcflurry from McD. Yummy ~
p/s: I had my company Xmas lunch at Shogun, I am now agreed with my mate that Zen does deliver a good sushi.
- the end -
Helloooo.... a long-absence first comment?
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
Delete看来这家日本餐厅不错,因为你们再次光临!
ReplyDelete我还没去过这家。
冷天吃udon最爽了!
它家sushi这么好料??hmm....(我的food list好满叻!哈哈)
sushi king越来越beh ki,应该都不会再去了>_<
這家的sushi不錯吃, 可以去可以去.
Delete我 ... 好久好久好久以前去過 sushi king 一次 ... 哈哈哈哈...
oh really? I am the first commenter?
ReplyDeleteHello, Shogun's sushi ain't xxx (fill in the blank, as I do not want to offend people)
I had sushi in Sakae Sushi last Friday night and the food is so-so only :(
Elsewhere ada Zen besides Sunway Pyramid?
Yes, you are. Congratulation, but too bad no prize for it.
DeleteHow would I know the sushi in Shogun is xxxx. It was my first attempt there ma ~
Yeap, Sakae Sushi ain't good too. I remembered the salmon roe was so salty.
Got, its at a very strange location. I think its a newly open location. If you know WongKok, then take the escalator beside it and you will reach up there.
Gosh, can't believe that I misunderstand your question.
DeleteHahaha, you need no purposely visit Zen. The Hokkaido Restaurant that you visit frequent is falls under the same management. Both restaurant sharing the same menu. You can stick to your Hokkaido
Sushi King is one of the worst among the chained Jap restaurant. Lousy food. I haven't been to that place forever and I see no reason why ppl still go queue for their RM2 Bonanza. Disappointed with them since long time ago.
ReplyDeleteI love Jap food, but u failed to tempt me cos I went for Jap dinner with my friend last nite and had quite a fulfilling meal LOL. But the reason we went there is cos my friend die die wanna go kap the waitress that he likes and I has no choice since I am tagging along. Hahaha.
My boy worked in Sushi King before, that's why he suggested that he should bring me to dine in there to get a feel of a normal sushi XD!
DeleteI'm not here to tempt anyone lol (I swear)
You should have a quick check on my superb sushi experience with Nomura. It is THE BEST EVA