12/11 (Tue)
I grabbed the voucher from Groupon without second thought when I first saw Grumps on the page. It was in my list for at least ... ... 3 years, if my memory got me right. I spotted Grumps during my dining at Louisiana, which is just next door (out of the topic, Louisiana is pretty good too ~ yet my last visit was almost 3 years ago ~ ~)
Back to the topic, there are 2 outlets to choose, Plaza Kelana Jaya or SS2 Mall. Again, without second thought I called to Plaza Kelana Jaya for reservation. Dine beside a lake is always better than go through the crazy parking in SS2 Mall. This place didn't change much after 3 years though, shop lots are still pretty vacant. Parking is free (not sure is it due to PH) I'm kinda happy that Louisiana still survive after all these years. I guess I shall plan for a revisit sooner or later.
Oh, Grumps! Grumps locate right beside Kelana Jaya lake. The interior is quite 'romantic' ~ which also equivalent to dim yellow lighting ~ which also bad for photo shooting. Hence, we opted for the outdoor seating beside the lake, even its not an impressive lake. I handed the voucher to the waitress who was fully aware of the promotion. We were still provided with menu to choose for a drink as beverage was not included. I think, we got ourselves an Ice Honey Lemon, great drink to clear off the oil after a meaty meal.
I grabbed the voucher from Groupon without second thought when I first saw Grumps on the page. It was in my list for at least ... ... 3 years, if my memory got me right. I spotted Grumps during my dining at Louisiana, which is just next door (out of the topic, Louisiana is pretty good too ~ yet my last visit was almost 3 years ago ~ ~)
Back to the topic, there are 2 outlets to choose, Plaza Kelana Jaya or SS2 Mall. Again, without second thought I called to Plaza Kelana Jaya for reservation. Dine beside a lake is always better than go through the crazy parking in SS2 Mall. This place didn't change much after 3 years though, shop lots are still pretty vacant. Parking is free (not sure is it due to PH) I'm kinda happy that Louisiana still survive after all these years. I guess I shall plan for a revisit sooner or later.
Oh, Grumps! Grumps locate right beside Kelana Jaya lake. The interior is quite 'romantic' ~ which also equivalent to dim yellow lighting ~ which also bad for photo shooting. Hence, we opted for the outdoor seating beside the lake, even its not an impressive lake. I handed the voucher to the waitress who was fully aware of the promotion. We were still provided with menu to choose for a drink as beverage was not included. I think, we got ourselves an Ice Honey Lemon, great drink to clear off the oil after a meaty meal.
According to the voucher, we were entitled for a Crispy Porky Skin. Wow ~ this is seriously great for tidbit. Not too oily, I swear. Just that you will need to overcome the sinful feeling of ... ... eating a small bowl of fried pork skin.
- the end -
Also, the main that we got from Groupon is not listed in the menu. It was a combination of Roasted Pork Ribs, a Foot Long German Sausage with some salad and a mash potato. It stated there this can be served for maximum 3 persons, where both of us actually cleaned up the whole plate. The pork ribs were a little sticky and chewy. I will need to put a high praise at the brown sauce, we love the sweet taste to max. Oh ya, the German Sausage was OK OK la. I don't fancy the mash potato here however my mate like it a lot though. About the salad ~ fresh?
We will definitely revisit here again, there are still so many interesting dishes to try out in the menu.- the end -
老公的好友就住在Kelana Jaya,那里算我们常去的地方,那一带也很熟悉,竟然没有看过这家餐厅!!!!
ReplyDelete有空jio他们一起去吃。
sausage看起来很好料!你说okok...我还是突然很想吃德国餐 >_<
這家餐廳絕對ngam你老公, menu裡80%都是豬肉料理..我們都看上了很多道下次打算試一試
Delete這個地方有點隱密喔, 不是在大路旁公園邊的餐廳, 是要繞進去一個鳥都沒有的地方. 不過如果你老公的好友在那一區的話應該會知道吧...I hope
Hmm, so much so of "I wanna save money" and yet nomming good food!!! Ish~
ReplyDeleteMmm, brown sauce, I wonder what it is. To be honest, the color doesn't look appetizing, I guess from your description that the outlook is not doing it justice eh?
This was purchased a month ago, way before I said "I want to save money" hahahaha
DeleteI don't know what is the ingredient they used for the brown sauce, the one that I know is butter melted on left over of frying meat (got what I mean?)
The pork ribs are not so 'oh my god' that kind of taste, but still taste great. I guess its not your kind of stuff. You don't like pork isn' it? Let me show you some Japanese food next round XD!
Not a big fan of meat in general. I am never tempted to eat a whole piece of meat, just me.
DeleteJapanese food? Gah. Anyway, I am attempting another dish tonite, wish me good luck and not burn my kitchen LOL
Such a good habit. How I hope I can resist to meat too. Then the pai-kuat you finished yourselves!!??
DeleteWow, another dish, I want to see it tomorrow in your blog OK? No more pork this time I suppose? It reminds me of I on the fire, but its without fire, only gas, and I didn't notice it. Luckily my mate was just beside me drinking water and he smell gas and immediately off it. Hope you put this in mind, CHECK THE FIRE
I eat meat lar, just not a big fan of it. No cravings for meat.
DeleteOh, no worries, I don't have a stove at home, so no chance of fire. I am only using a tiny induction cooker, but good enough for me.
Oh, you already posted something about Grumps here... Stupid me @.@
ReplyDeleteYeah, it looks tempting :)
What is the price range?
I might go to El Cerdo (again) on this coming Thursday, to celebrate my sis birthday.
No choice, she loves the suckling pig and that marinated pork shoulder steak :)
But now, I might propose this place to her :p
Hahahaha, no worry busy woman.
DeleteThe price definitely is cheaper than El Cerdo, its two different range. The food here range from RM20 onwards.
I saw that they offering a Xmas set at RM49nett for 4 course (http://www.facebook.com/GrumpsRestaurant) you may give it a try.
I didn't try much from the menu, but it does have a few interesting dish. Oh ya, btw, they do offer special dish that required to book in advance. You can have a quick view on their restaurant menu (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.304270886254671.95582.115715945110167&type=3)
wuwuwwu... Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteHeart you!~ (yucks)
我爱猪皮我爱猪皮我爱猪皮我爱猪皮我爱猪皮我爱猪皮~~~ XDDDD
ReplyDelete其實炸雞皮也很好吃 (OMG!)
Delete