Skip to main content

T42, Empire Shopping Gallery

T forty two in Empire is obviously outstanding than other restaurants. The outdoor seating is setup right in front of Madam Kwan ... ... very 囂張. Oh well, T forty two is run under The Big Group, a new F&B chains pop up recent years. Oh well again, our initial plan was having a nice coffee break at Whisk, as it was long ago since our last visit. However Whisk was crowded with queue. I knew that it is voted as one of the best coffee place in TOKL, I just never expect it will be so so pack. Without any second thought my mate decided to move to T forty two. Time for a new try ...


T forty two is kinda full house when we arrived, it is just lucky that it is much more spacious than Whisk. Waitress handed us 2 items full menu, without any photo as reference. My mate just pointed at Flat White from coffee selection and a Creamy Corn Chowder from appetizer list, and went off for washroom. I just ... feel like having a tea instead, so ... I'm still reading the long list of tea available.

sugar

Plan changed, I decided to go for an early dinner instead of tea time! Since my mate started with a soup, I will just continue with a Moroccan Lamb Pie and end our meal with a Red Velvet. Such a great full course meal with a hot coffee and an ice Raspberry Geisha. 

flat white

Coffee served in a unique cup that remind my mate of his Turkish coffee nightmare. It is just a look alike container, we did not order for any strange coffee this time, basically our taste buds are safe. Coffee is smooth, it has a very gentle after taste of milk. My mate added with 3 cubes of brown sugar after half cup gone, for tasting purpose. The taste .... .... very sweet! 

raspberry geisha

My tea turned bloody red after mixing both layers. I think Geisha may refer to type of tea (I think~~), I ordered this just because I want to have a fruit tea. Raspberry taste is strong, could be causing I hardly taste the tea. Since my mate added 3 cubes of sugar to his coffee, I does the same to my tea by adding the whole small jug of sugar provided. Taste .. ... damn sweet!


After we do something stupid on our drink, the Creamy Corn Chowder .... actually taste quite sweet too .....     it is not sugary sweet, indeed it is the corn sweet. 


huge lamb pie

We were very surprise with the portion of lamb pie when it was served. It came along with a small salad and mutton curry or curry mutton .... This dish is highly recommended. The mutton was tender, juicy and fully absorb the aroma of spices. Not forgotten the pie which baked to crunchy at every bites. It is a huge pie sufficient as a share meal for two, mutton are generously filled in.


Red velvet was the last on serving. The white creamy cheese topping was concerning me at first, yet luckily it is not that cheesy as I imagined. I'm not sure why is this cake turned red, food coloring maybe? I'm not sure where shall I categorize this cake to? Chocolate? Cheese? Butter? It seems to be a little of each. Never try before ma ... ... I guess ...... this could be the first and last time ... ... Nothing wrong with the cake, it is generally very tasty. It is just me having other preference on cake.


The lamb pie got the point of the night. My mate don't mind to be back just for the pie. Me? I don't mind to return again for a cup of coffee and there are still plenty of desserts to try out here. 




- the end -

Comments