Skip to main content

Belanga, Empire Shopping Gallery


Again, we backed to Belanga at Empire Subang, miss the food very much. We went for brunch, slightly passed 11am. Seats were under occupied, this time we choose a seat near barista area. I ordered a packet of nasi lauk ikan as our starter. Way too long to remember when was the last time I had my nasi lauk.

nasi lauk

A very simple packet was served, white rice with fish curry serve with eggs. RM2.90 for a simple dish, we enjoyed this very much. Foods and drinks were all served fast, our table was filled up with nasi dagang and laksam, not to say we ordered for 2 coffees. Table was too small to fill with all the serving.

nasi dagang with fish and archa

Nasi dagang was the second to reach our table. Nicely presented and ya ... taste delicious. I personally prefer this kind of fish as bones are easily noticed. Curry was great, thick and rich but not too spicy. I would prefer if they could serve with more curry, please? The amount was too little to go with rice.

laksam

My laksam was served while my mate busy pilling the fish for nasi lauk and I was busy to eat the nasi dagang. We both had no spare hand and mouth for laksam during its arrival. We adjusted our foods and drinks, clearing off some space to fit this in. 

this is how it look like

Laksam is very a unique from laksa family. It made from rice, kind of like pan-mee noodle but served in swiss roll cutting ... =.= ... I hardly eat laksa, but I like laksam or sometime lakse (different type of noodle). The kuah for this is different to generic laksa which usually serve sour and spicy. The kuah base is coconut milk, thus, you will feel quite muak after finishing this giant bowl of laksam. Usually, in Kelantan, this is serve at a small portion only. Here, they serve like tripple of the original size.


I was told that the coffee is a highlight in this restaurant. Yet, we are still surprise with the fine quality served here. Nusantara Ice Blended for sure is a must try, even a simple Hazelnut Latte was so rich with coffee aroma. We missed out the avocado coffee as they only serve this after 12pm. No doubt, there will be next visit for it.




- the end -

Comments