I had been reviewing Japanese restaurants at Taipei for months prior our departure. 杏子and 屯京 were both easily decided. However, I was stuck at this sushi section for long, where I came across with 2 restaurants 野 and 野村. Nomura came from 野壽司, with the financial support of his fans, he opened a new sushi restaurant named after himself, NOMURA. He is one of the top sushi master in Taipei where this is the main reason I finally made up my decision on NOMURA.
NOMURA is a very small shop cater for less than 20 guests. I placed my reservation through facebook, confirmed on 8Feb'12 (Wednesday) for their set lunch at TWD1,200 + 10% tax for 2 pax. Frankly, this is the most looking forward meal for this trip. We were both very satisfy with the serving and my mate even pointed this shop as the MUST visit whenever we coming to Taiwan again.
Came out from 忠孝敦化 station, I grabbed myself a thick jacket from Uniqlo before we continue walking for 15minutes to reach NOMURA. Cold weather we had in Taipei, probably around 10 - 12 Celsius. It was a drizzling and windy morning. NOMURA is located not too far from the station and it is quite easy to find with the information provided by the staff. Of course, I had used the power of Google map to 'walk' myself there few times, ensure we are able to get the correct direction.
We reached 15minutes earlier than our dated time at 12pm. There were only 2 guests during our arrival. Nomura-san and his assistant were still busy with preparation.We were greeted politely by the staff and were placed to sit right in front of Nomura-san himself. It was such an honored to watch his action and enjoy every sushi serving by himself.
We were served with hot tea and warm towel while waiting for our lunch to start. At the same time, there was a long 'plate' in front of us with marinated radish and ginger. Both taste awesome! Before I forget, the long clay plates were imported from Japan, not cheap for sure.
The show of Nomura started slightly after 12pm with another couple joined in. We were amazed by the beautiful shape when Nomura served us the the first sushi. Taste? Perfect! The rice was warm and fish was definitely fresh. As he is famous for 江戶前 sushi, all sushi were properly seasoned before serving to customer.
I will let the photos tell the story on how fresh and how beautiful can a sushi be ... ...
1st serving
1st serving - change side
2nd serving
3rd serving
4th serving - fresh scallop
5th serving - amazingly fresh prawn
take a break with chawanmushi
6th serving - 1st sushi roll
and a small bowl of fish roe rice (this is very delicious)
7th serving - sea urchin (still the freshness ever)
8th serving - so called Nomura's best
9th serving - salted and soy sauce anago (this is what I called the BEST)
10th serving - 2nd sushi roll
we thought it ended with warm toufu soup
yet, they surprise us with toufu dessert
We enjoyed our meal slowly, Nomura served his sushi one by one following our pace. He is an excellent sushi master I will say. The total bill was TWD2, 640. No doubt, this lunch set is seriously worth more than it suppose to charge.
We decided to pay it a visit again if we happen to be back to Taipei 2 years later. My mate insist so as we are now planning for our trip to Taiwan again ^^ ...
- the end -
Comments
Post a Comment
Comment at your own risk