Skip to main content

Pangkor Island Resort - Hornbill Restaurant

I woke up around 630am in the morning by automated body alarm system. It was raining out there, with the hope of rain will eventually stop when I wake up for my breakfast, I gone back in dreamland once again. My hope did not come true, it was still drizzling when we get ourselves ready for breakfast at Hornbill Restaurant.

Hornbill Restaurant is located one level down from lobby. It was quite pack when we were there, guess this must be due to the wedding group that occupied most of the seats. We were seated by waiter and started with the round tour of foods available.

first round

Coffees were first taken, it is a usual practice for us to start our day with a hot coffee. I was very happy with the varieties of food serve here, breakfast is very important, to me. From typical western corner that serve breads, sausages, bacons, hash brown to local cuisine of nasi lemak, meehoon goreng, porridge and also cooking corner for mee soup, pan cakes and eggs corner. 

second round

I walked a round filled my plates with western breakfast, headed back to our table to put it down and went to eggs corner for my order, double bull eyes. My mate went for his tour after we finished our first round. He came back with nasi lemak. This nasi lemak was simple, the unique of it was from the super geng chao sambal. With a little bit of sambal, put in mouth, the spicy starts from tongue dropped to throat following the trail of sambal. It ended with bit of bitterness in mouth, yes, spicy remains until I drank one full cup of water.

third round

Drizzling finally stopped while we were still enjoying our time in Hornbill. My mate decided to go for one last tour for food. I was pretty full that time, just had few bites on the cheesy omelet, taste great though.With this biggie breakfast, I suppose we may not need lunch during island tour? I suppose ...




- the end -