kafe idaman
We usually come over for supper, hardly during dinner time. Roti canai here is delicious, the dough is different with those made by Idian ... oh ya ... the roti canai master is a malay chef. He got his poster standing beside the restaurant. Generally all the roti serving are delicious, I personally loves the roti bom. Understand from my sister the roti bawang is tasty as well. Not to forget are their roti canai and roti telur. Ermm ... basically everything ...
This time since both of us managed to reach home so early to catch up for a proper dinner, thus, we decided to spend ourselves a good meal here. Initially we planned to order for nasi goreng ladna, a chicken soup, a telur bistik and a teh-o ice limau. Somehow, a mee goreng and a air bandung turned out while we placing our order. Hmmm .... nevermind ... is a special night ... my mate said, usually when something extra appeared during our order.
nasi goreng ladna
Nasi goreng ladna was served first. The rice was fried with soy sauce and chili source, enrich with slight spicy and salty taste to it. The main focus is at the gravy serve along with it. It is similar to Cantonese style gravy, slightly more spicy in taste. The fried rice goes well with the gravy served, the plate was well clean up.
mee goreng
At the other hand, mee goreng was presented nicely on plate. I forgot if we did order for mee goreng mamak or just mee goreng. The taste is mediocre, just like any other mee goreng at mamak stall.
telur bistik
I admit I love telur bistik, but I do admit this is not the best I ever had. I still remembered the first time I ate telur bistik was at a nameless malay shop beside highway, it was so tasty. It was served in bowl instead of a plate, fried egg with chicken slices is dip in a very tasty sour and spicy gravy. As for this serving from Kafe Idaman, I will say too bad I tasted a nicer before.
soup ayam
Soup serve at most malay stall taste similar. I guess they just use a generic soup packet for all soup, from soup ayam, daging to tulang and ekor. It does taste very different from most chinese soup, taste more ... exotic maybe. Oh ya ... abc soup with "geng-chao" taste of malay herbs. Me and my date, love it a lot. Nice to have one at a cold raining weather.
air bandung
There is no photo for teh-o ice limau, since it is a drink available at any store. One thing to stress on here was it does taste very refreshing. Air bandung was an extra order when we saw it at next table. For those don't know what is air bandung, it is nothing special but a rose syrup with milk. My mate enjoyed this drink very much, it just not my glass of air bandung, teh-o ice limau taste better.
- the end -
Comments
Post a Comment
Comment at your own risk