08/03 ~ 08/04 (Sat ~ Sun)
Let's make the long story short. We have zero plan for our Fraser Hill trip, indeed. What I'd in mind was tea time, dinner and breakfast, 3 meals where I believe Smoke House definitely can handle us well. I guess we got the right bet. As my mate was complaining his horrible food hunting experience years back when he was at Fraser Hill, food at Smoke House successfully turned his mindset at least.
We walked to the main building, a minutes from our room, around 3.30pm I supposed. We caught a full house at al fresco. Luckily I spotted a tiny table just nice for two at a corner, after the crowd, after the sun. Tea time menu is pretty straight forward. Cream scone set which come with scone and a pot of tea or a high tea set, which serve with some extra titbits than just scone. Our tummy still filled with dim sum, a cream scone set will do. Despite of running pack, the service was still efficient. Our drink was served not long after we placed our order. A black tea (robust tea?) for me and an Iced Chocolate for my mate. Both drink were served along with sugar, milk and sugary water (for chocolate) No comment on tea (standard tea drink) but Ice Chocolate was a bitter cold one, kinda like the bitterness in drink.
Scones served a bit later, on a double layer tray. A set of two pieces warm scone, with strawberry preserved and clotted cream. It looks like a siew pao at first glance. Of course there is no roasted pork in it. Scone ... was above average ... for me. Not sure, probably it had been a while I didn't get a one, then it became 母豬變貂蟬?
Frankly, if it didn't stated scone, I probably won't categorize it under scone's family. The best description ... a fluffy bread? Oh well, scone does group under the bread family anyway. It might just a different variation. Oh ya, similar texture with Coffee Beans and Tea Leaf, now I recalled.
We sat for a while ... a long while. I was dilly dally if I shall grab one Earl Grey Cake. I likes Earl Grey, the name, glamorous meaning. Yes, I judge the dessert with it's name. Since we didn't plan to move our ass, I raised my hand and ordered one, the glamour name cake. Our eyes widely open when it arrived. A big piece. My mate chuckled, you order you finish. I was expecting sponge cake, but this is not. It wasn't fluffy as sponge nor heavy as pound cake. Alright, is bread, I conclude. A bit sweet, very mild taste of tea. If you really want to try this glamour cake, try it at the high tea set. It was in there as well, smaller piece partner with Orange cake (I think)
We chit-chatted, signed the bill, walked to tv lounge for tv session till night fall. Turned off the tv, walked over to restaurant. We were stopped at door steps, handed with menu, please order and wait. We will be seated only when our food is ready. Strange procedure. We ordered and back to tv lounge. Waiter brought us to our table within 30 minutes. Bread and butter were on desk. Warm and buttery bread. I like the butter used here.
Soup was served. Scott broth was my mate request. We were not sure what we will get until it served. A vegetable soup, actually. A good warm soup for cool night.
My mate get himself a Beef Wellington. OK, I insist he get that since this traditional English dish is almost unseen in town. The portion is big, big piece of beef, thick puff skin, lots of mushroom sauce and plenty of side dishes. He get his beef to be done medium well. Very nice bite. I don't enjoy the mushroom sauce, a striking taste of herbs I don't fancy. He likes it, said it is mushroom's taste la ~ Puff skin was thick, he left some untouched at the end. It's too fulfilling.
I get myself a Grilled Cod, a lighter dinner for me. Cod fish turned out a thick piece, grilled at perfect, tops with almond flakes.
After a hearty main, we welcome the time for dessert with limited space in tummy. A glass of Sherry Trifle probably will be a great one. We claimed our welcome drinks during our dinner. Fruit punch is always good.
As we going to sit for quite a long while ... again, hot drinks will be a good companion for the night. Peach tea for me and hot chocolate for my mate before we go to bed.
We were greeted with a sunny morning. We walked to where we had dinner last night, be the second customer of the day. Breads were toast crisp, butter remains awesome, apricot spread was amazing.
Breakfast platter was standard, other than the choice of egg. A pouch and a scramble. Nothing spectacular.
A refilled coffee accompany my breakfast and morning scenery shot.
Obviously I don't know how to end this post ... so ~ ciao ~
- the end -
1ST
ReplyDelete母豬變貂蟬 --> 这句笑死我
ReplyDelete请问我们几时手牵手穿情侣衣上去?(举手发问)
不想上了 ... 很暈車欸
DeleteI like Smokehouse for the obvious reason, awesome vintage touch :)
ReplyDeleteI only tried their breakfast (I was in Cameron), and I love it. Not so much of the food, but more for the environment. I lazy, slow breakfast while flipping through a good book is all I need for my vacation.
Btw, nice photos, as usual. I am craving for cods now, thanks to you.
I kinda like the vintage feels but I hates more at the windy road
DeleteFood was average I will say, but think of getting this type of food on a hill, it become acceptable
You can always buy a cod. Come down, I bring you to a cheap and nice one.
好好好悠闲的下午茶~ 不! 是整个行程都很赞!! 食物也已不是重点,而是那气氛与心情!
ReplyDelete实在很撩我去咧~ 可是想到上山的路让我有点却步!
哈哈哈..基本上這樣的行程就是我們平常出遊的模式
Delete在Fraser hill用餐感觉挺好的!我去FH的时候只有早餐在酒店吃,其余的都在apartment内自己弄火锅,所以没有tea到啦!
ReplyDelete我不会品茶,但是earl grey真的很好喝!在这样好的环境下午茶最舒服了!
晚餐看起来很不错!而且那牛扒真的很大块!!oiseh!还有烛光! 名副其实的烛光晚餐!
Earl Grey 我要去買TWG的回來搞cake, 不過要等我清完手上的茶才好買
Delete那個牛排我覺得牛魔彪應該會喜歡, 你要用這個騙他上去嗎?
你早点po麻好咯!那天他们一gang plan九月要去哪里2D1N,PD满了!!!他们建议fraser hill我说不要 XDDDD
Delete闻名已久但是真的不知道几时可以去啦!!!
ReplyDelete我最近很压力,如果可以的话,真想拿三天假赖在这里哪里都不要去了~
像叉烧也就算了,还母豬變貂蟬的scone...LOL!!!笑死我
不过看起来外酥内软的还不错吃呢~~(I'm a scone lover)
Beef Wellington真的看起来很好吃~~~(饿了)
我也愛scone, 不過這里的不會形容, 不難吃也不會很好吃, 應該是景色取勝的成分較多
Delete真正舒服放松的旅程呢
ReplyDelete嗯...什么时候才轮到我 ...
可以安排下^_^
Delete你的金句又再下一城了!连scone也不放过,哈哈哈!!
ReplyDeleteBeef Wellington在西餐厅的menu看了好几次,始终没点来品尝过,原因无从考究,就是不敢点。
跟得你多嘛總要學會兩招
DeleteBeef Wellington你在哪看過? 我很少浦西餐廳還以為少見咧
Grilled Cod, looks delicious :)
ReplyDeleteIt taste delicious too
Delete