Skip to main content

EspressoLab & El Fresco, Empire Shopping Gallery

08/08 (Thu)

It has been months since T42 moved out from Empire. Finally a new cafe's banner is setup at the empty slot left by T42. EspressoLab it is! However, me and my mate visit this cafe a while after it's opening. Well ~ I appeared at Whisk most of the time. I loves Raya. Smooth traffic, less crowd in shopping mall. Whisk was closed for Raya. As expected. We gotta try our luck at EspressoLab then. Jackpot! Full house, but at least I found a place for me to tea ~ 

Waited a while, 5 ~ 10 minutes (yes I need to queue for seat) we got a bar side seat. Nice one, overseeing barista in action. My mate get himself a Hot Chocolate. Salute to this lovely sweet heart. If you're a chocolate drink lover, you should give this a try. Fantastic!
I get myself a Flat White, my usual order, less milky than Latte. Barista at EspressoLab equipped with excellent skill at pulling beautiful coffee art. 
There are plenty choices for desserts. Some are baked by the lab, some supplied by Just Heavenly.  My mate get a Chocolate cake (?) A small sweet bite. 
I was busy seeing barista, enjoying bitching time with my mate, with a sip of chocolate and coffee. First round done, I smiled, I snapped my finger. Hey barista, second round. Iced Mocha and ... Iced Peach Tea, please. The good looking barista returned with a regretful news, no more Peach Tea. He offered us Lychee Tea instead. Interesting. Let's have a try. Lychee tea is very refreshing. Iced Mocha ... pretty standard drink.
Key Lime Pie by Just Heavenly attracted me. The first bite in mouth distorted our facial expression. The sourness from lime. Rich and mellow. Cream is distinctively smooth, pie is a bit firm for my taste. I shall order for this if I return.
We enjoyed a wonderful evening at EspressoLab. We left when it was nearly dinner time. A dinner at El Fresco? Sounds like a good plan. We walked down to El Fresco. Fish market was closed for Raya too. My mate decided to go for a mutton this time. A thick piece for sharing. I wanted a Mushroom soup. Love the mushroom soup served here. 
 The mutton was thick, grilled at well done. Juicy. Even the mix vege were crunchy and delicious. 
And then ~ we came back again few days later. Assuming the fish market should be reopen after Raya. A cod fish is all we want. Choose a medium size cod with spaghetti as side dish. Heavenly good. For both, the cod and the spaghetti.





- the end -

Comments

  1. T42让我伤心了一段时间,原来现在Espressolab取代了T42那个位置!!我要去我要去!!!Espressolab更加靠近我了!whee~~~~^^ 
    拉花很美!!哈哈!看了就爽!
    我突然好想念El Fresco的食物!我们下次约那里!!
    鳕鱼很厚看起来很好料!!常吃到都是蒸方式的,这个我想尝试!这个我带我老公去吃 xD 我们去叫其他的 xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to oversee at baristas too when I was in a cafe... especially to those nice looking one... (hem hmm) Well it's because I appreciate their art and hard work! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the barista there is quite good looking ^_^

      Delete
  3. Mutton很诱人,肚子好饿
    Key lime tart 厚厚的cream我喜欢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mutton不貴而且好吃
      Key lime tart 在這裡很少見剛好看到就點來嚐嚐, 好吃耶

      Delete
  4. 那天终于吃到Espressolab的千层蛋糕,一般。但Espressolab的拉花很杀人,连热巧克力也可以这么有卖相。
    Key lime tart看起来就感觉很能饱满味蕾,已经在幻想这它的滋味中。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 我沒點過他家的千層蛋糕 XD!!!

      Espressolab 的咖啡師都有幾下功夫幫襯得過

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk