10/26 (Fri)
Nothing spectacular about the green tea. Oh, nice pot! We flipping the menu, squeezing our eyes to read it. My mate gave up and decided to grab for an udon set. Something soupy for someone that slept at 6am just to complete his game. The bowl of udon taste quite OK though. It will be better if soup spoon is provided not a normal rice spoon. It is inconvenient to drink the soup using rice spoon as the bowl is kinda deep.
The unagi on top of white rice was a set with Udon. Japanese white rice taste great as usual. Unagi ... taste like instant packet unagi. The unagi with brown rice (or soy sauce rice) was an order of mine. Hmm ... unagi taste like instant packet unagi. Just, mine was ... 2 packets maybe? Since it served in 2 layers. The first layer (which is the top piece) was boneless, yet the second layer (which hide in between rice) was with bones! Dangerous!!
- the end -
Frankly, I was thinking twice if I shall write about Coco Tei. The dining experience wasn't too exciting. For the sake of 'remember do not come back', I decided to keep it as a record. Coco Tei interested me for its Kaiseki course, which is the main attraction for me to purchase the cash voucher from Groupon. Probably a good chance to 'test water' before a big spending straight to Kaiseki. Coco Tei is not that difficult to spot if you know where is Levain. It is just side by side. Free parking is available if you dine in at Coco Tei. I made a reservation at 12pm for a tatami setting. It ends up as a 'fake' tatami. Ish!
First thing first, the lighting in the restaurant is way to dim for us. Photos were taken at ISO1600 with F2.8 aperture open to max and not to forget +1 EV, just enough to maintain the shutter speed at a bare minimum level of 1/8. Dim lighting is bearable, romantic right? What about the annoying kids behind us? Singing, playing Ipad game in loud mode, walking around .. ! Change table of course. Yet, the best joke, waitress "Har, where you want to change? We fully booked wor ..." Har! What to do .. bare with it lor ~Nothing spectacular about the green tea. Oh, nice pot! We flipping the menu, squeezing our eyes to read it. My mate gave up and decided to grab for an udon set. Something soupy for someone that slept at 6am just to complete his game. The bowl of udon taste quite OK though. It will be better if soup spoon is provided not a normal rice spoon. It is inconvenient to drink the soup using rice spoon as the bowl is kinda deep.
The unagi on top of white rice was a set with Udon. Japanese white rice taste great as usual. Unagi ... taste like instant packet unagi. The unagi with brown rice (or soy sauce rice) was an order of mine. Hmm ... unagi taste like instant packet unagi. Just, mine was ... 2 packets maybe? Since it served in 2 layers. The first layer (which is the top piece) was boneless, yet the second layer (which hide in between rice) was with bones! Dangerous!!
Ermm, I think this was Unagi something something with something maki (so, today is unagi day?) This maki at least taste great (finally something good)
We paid a little extra for the meal, after using the cash voucher. Generally, the food wasn't too bad. Mediocre, maybe? For the price range, sadly to say that food quality and service level is below the par. I would definitely go for Kura in One World Hotel, or if really one in KL, Wasabi Bistro in Mandarin Oriental. Even, Fukuya is offering better bargain. Darn! I shall just go to Fukuya instead! (planning ... planning ...)
Oh I Love Unagi, a must order for me everything I go Jap food. The maki looks good.
ReplyDeleteI am not sure bout this but I experienced some shops giving 2nd class service for groupon users. That is so unfair, yes bought at discounted price but if u r unwilling, why do the promotion? Gah!
I love Unagi too, but I hardly order it locally since majority using instant packaging.
ReplyDeleteI actually doubt that as well! I somewhat already avoiding those restaurants that I never goes before, but the Kaiseki just too tempting. If they really perform well, I will definitely go back for their Kaiseki set though. But as for now, the food offer by them doesn't feel worth the money :p
I want to go Fukuya instead!
Ok note down了!!不用去了,哈哈!
ReplyDeleteFukuya!!!一直在我的list里!!你快点去,去了介绍,我再看值得去吗??哈哈哈哈哈!!!!
*el fresco我下星期才写了,这星期的慢了,哈哈!我周末写完了的!=p
Fukuya 要等了 ... 剛從KL回來應該不會那麼快又再再去一趟吧. 我也是看了它好久, 都是因為Coco Tei有Groupon啦, 不然我就去 Fukuya 料!!! (生氣!)
Delete不气不气。。。下次再来!!!直接杀到Fukuya就是了!
Delete嗯! (握拳!)
Delete我後來看了 Fukuya 的午餐, 不會太貴呀! (盤算盤算)
Coco Tei真像一个女生的名字~XD
ReplyDelete假的榻榻米坐久了也不会累,我怀孕后去餐厅都看椅子的舒适度,它可是决定我用不用餐的重要关键。
Fukuya也是在我的list,可现在日本餐跟我是大敌!!>_<
看來很多人都心儀 Fukuya 啊 ... 沒關係啦, 我幫你吃, 拍照給你看 (哇哈哈哈哈)
Delete假的榻榻米坐起來很空虛欸, 那不是重點, 重點是很暗! 很暗! 很暗!
这家的服务有点差劲耶~我不喜欢那种把问题丢回给客人的服务生。
ReplyDelete在昏暗的环境我会特别想念我的24mm f/1.4。
虽然f/2.8也不差,但比不上就是比不上。
所以才說 OUT 啊, 這家餐廳
Delete雖然我沒有用過F1.4, 可是絕對可以想像到它的好 (看你念念不忘的就知道啦)