Skip to main content

Poco, Sunway Giza

Despite of the unsatisfied Japanese cuisine experience, me and my mate insist that we shall remain our visit to Poco as scheduled. It's another Japanese cuisine within a week. Luckily, Poco did not bring us down. There are 2 Poco, the original is located at Bangsar (Out! I lazy to drive there), another is in Sunway Giza. No doubt, the choice will be at Sunway Giza, which is just 5 minutes of driving.


As usual we selected a window seating. Tables are all decorated with plants and YES, it is all wooden tables and chairs. 




This bicycle remind me of my grandpa. He used to have one to carry me around when I was a kid. Besides, there are also some handmade stuff for sales.


The restaurant is bright and cosy. Staffs are generally well trained and efficient in servicing.


My mate ordered for a Salmon Teriyaki set (I think ...) It serves in a wooden tray. The set come with a bowl of white rice, a small bowl of vege, a piece of salmon teriyaki, a chawan mushi and miso soup. What a lovely way they serve the soup in a glass. Salmon is definitely succulent. The special teriyaki sauce is delicious even taste by itself. Thus, combination of above brought our taste bud to heaven!


This set come along with a scoop of ice cream, flavoring green tea or black sesame. My mate chosen green tea flavor. The wooden spoons are so cute. Oh ya, the ice cream is just mediocre, nothing fancy about the taste. 


Curry fried rice is one of my favorite during my days in Japan. I likes Japanese curry, powdery and slight sweet in taste. I know ... it looks very appetizing.


I emptied the whole plates of fried rice and the curry. 100% satisfactory! My mate even 'curi' some curry sauce to mix with his rice. Finally, this dish recovered me from my sadness of the curry udon few days ago.

Early Grey Milk Tea & Soya Green Tea

We ordered for the 2 signature drinks, Early Grey Milk Tea and Soya Green Tea. Mixture of green tea with soya make the drink very interesting,. However it is a bit creamy for us. I prefers earl grey milk which taste smoother and sweeter. 

There are still variety of food in the menu worth trying. My mate had chosen a burger rice set for his next visit. As for me, set lunch offer probably will be a good idea as well. So, we will be back Poco!




- the end -

Comments