Skip to main content

Garage51, Bandar Sunway

12/14 (Sat)

Garage51 by Coffee Societe, a new cafe in Sunway area. Odd location as its surrounded by real garages, but probably its a strategic location as it is nearby Sunway University and Monash University.

We went for lunch, at noon. There were still plenty of available seats, downstairs and upstairs. It was pack with queue after that, we just came sightly after brunch crowds and before lunch crowds. I went for upstairs, looks fun, but proven to be a wrong choice as the lighting is pretty dim for photography.

Sky juice is on the house. A big bottle on table, hence we decided to share one interesting drink, Mochatella. If you like coffee art, grab one of those milk coffee. Barista in house is very skilful by pulling beautiful art. I saw plenty awesome cups.

Mochatella, served in a small jug of milk, with a glass of nutella spreads and coffee cubes. Pour in the milk. Initial few sips were milky, the coffee taste gets stronger once the cubes started to melt. Nutella balanced the bitterness from coffee cubes.  

As usual, my mate went for the signature, Awesome Garage Breakfast. The serving here is slightly different, everything is stacked in layers. 

The based is a homemade hash potatoes. It followed by diced mushroom and smoked cured salmon. Lastly a poached egg with hollandaise sauce. 

Waiter suggested Maria Parloa. As there is nothing in mind, I ordered for that. It turned out a similar piece. The different is just changing smoked salmon to chicken ham slices. Other ingredients remain.

Nothing too spectacular. Hash brown is thick. Fried to crunch, not too oily. Both of us felt the portion is small for the price at RM19 each. 

I would like to come back for coffee. A downstairs seat, a cup of good coffee with beautiful art on it.




- the end -

Comments

  1. I don't like watery yolk. In fact, I don like yolks. Ok, mayb I don't even like eggs hahaha.

    But the environment looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 我爱拉花艺术,这家可以默默笔记起来,虽然地点有距离,但我相信那天心血来潮还是会走一趟的。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Publika 的 Coffee Societe 會不會比較靠近你?

      Delete
  3. 我喜欢首图的那张桌子! *企图让自己很另类* 哈哈
    你每次介绍的餐厅, 都会让我很遗憾为什么我已经不住在kl了。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 首圖是不錯 XD!!

      下次來的時候可以安排啊~

      Delete
  4. 这间食物ngam我! (好像很难找到不ngam我的 xDDD)
    *首图很美!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 首圖從二樓往下拍, 這是坐在二樓唯一的好處

      食物我覺得 so so , 咖啡真的挺不錯

      Delete
  5. This is nearby my college :)
    I went there once, tried their spaghetti. Taste so failed :( maybe I should go back and try their coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunway or Monash? XD!!

      This place is always pack with student from these 2 college.
      I somehow think the food is just average, but so far the coffee is pretty good.

      I'm thinking of going back for coffee as well, maybe with a piece of cake too.

      Delete
  6. 我告诉你!!我错把这里的早餐当作是seven cups的,记错了!啊!!印象中要去吃这个早餐就约了老公去sevencups brunch,结果发现那里只有咖啡蛋糕,还好还有三文治给我医肚! xD

    现在看到你说食物soso那就算了~~~~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk