Skip to main content

Kampachi, Plaza33 & MyEspresso Cafe, USJ21

09/28 (Sat)

Finally we met, Kampachi, after knowing you for a long. I chose the outlet at Plaza33, the only in PJ district. Not much customer at Saturday afternoon, guess people prefer Sunday Brunch buffet? Heard that reservation is needed, full house always.
We get something out of ordinary, Rice Tea, instead of green tea. My mate was placing order for green tea. I spotted rice tea was one of the selection and remind him that his beloved rice tea is available. It served, while we still taking our own sweet time flipping through menu. Beautiful tea set.
Kirara Rice Tea   RM18

As usual, Chawanmushi is a must order for my mate. Another beautiful serve. Smooth and slurp. I like the way food was presented. My mate nodded, one of the best.  
Chawanmushi   RM15

A small bowl of salad was served, cold bowl, with sesame dressing. Part of the set ordered by my mate. Fresh vegetables. Sesame dressing never goes wrong.
Salad 

His choice of Seafood Platter. Tepanyaki style. Big prawn,  salmon, unknown fish? (or something else) Serving together with bean sprout and cabbage. Not in the photo, a bowl of rice, pickles and miso soup. Happening plate. Not doubt on the freshness of fish. I tasted a small bite at prawn as well. Tangy and juicy. 
Seafood Set   RM65

I got myself something light, Shake Aburi Maki. The ginger is slightly spicy for my taste. As for the maki, that is a real good one. Who can resist to a seared salmon roll top with grilled eel. 
Shake Aburi Maki   RM65

I flipping over the menu after our hearty meal. Smiling at my mate, sushi? I winked. Ya, of course. I can't make up my mind, ended with a very common, shouldn't go wrong choice, Salmon Sushi. We waited for a while, for these elegant pieces to reach us. No doubt, salmon is awfully fresh, clear stripes and shinning orange flesh. Its a very thick cut. Rice was beautifully shaped. Quite a big bite for lady. Overall, my mate is happy with the sushi. I personally feel the ratio for fish and rice is a bit off. At the end I was just biting fish. Rice was a little chewy for me as well. My mate was rolling his eyes, after my comment. Alright, I revise, this can stands as one of the top for local standard. However, I will advise to go for sashimi instead.
Salmon Sushi   RM15/pcs

A wonderful meal should always end with a sweet. Tempura Ice Cream. I kinda like it.
Tempura Ice Cream   RM16


We spends 2 hours in Kampachi, went off with happy tummy. Thought of dropping by the newly open Artisan Roast HQ which is just nearby, ended we just drove by. After a long jam about to reach home, I suggested MyEspresso Cafe which we never visit. A Mocha and a French Press. 




- the end -