Skip to main content

Ding Tai Fong, e@Curve

11/17 (Sat)

I noticed there is a new outlet at the very end of e@Curve. Luckily the sign board for restaurant is big enough to spot from far. e@Curve bringing in a numbers of interesting restaurants and cafes recently, including San Francisco Coffee and Espresso Lab which I already marked in my to go list.

Back to Din Tai Fong. We dine at Din Tai Fong in Empire often enough to call as regular customer. From the famous Xiu Long Bao to recently try out the single order dishes. I wanted to try out a dessert that only serves during weekend, and we happen to be at this area with Din Tai Fong is also available. 

Din Tai Fong in e@Curve has less crowds and bigger space compare to Empire, or its just us feeling so? We placed order only for a few dishes, not too much since we both on diet plan (cough ~ cough ~) 

We like the stir fried spinach here. Actually, I personally feel that its a challenge to make a delicious plain vege dish. I likes the taste here in Din Tai Fong, which use only garlic and a little salt to bring out the great taste in spinach. We tried different vegetable dishes from the menu. So far, this is the one that we really fall in love with and keep ordering it again and again.
We chose this from the side dish section, a 烤麥麩. I don't have any bad feeling about this dish, just that I  may not order it again. I prefer the other side dish, Fried Pumpkin with Salted Egg. That's a yummy yummy one.
I'm not sure my mate spoted this dish from which section in the menu. Its a Fried Mango with Prawn? It tasted quite delicious though, the skin was crispy, mango was fresh too. I didn't try the prawn, I took it out for my mate, but its quite a big prawn though.
This is the dessert that only appear during weekend, Fried Yam Roll (I think ... lol) The yam was sweet ~ ~ yummy yam ~ I should tried out another yam dish from the menu (tick ~ tick ~ counting day to go again)





- the end -

Comments

  1. stir fried spinach: my fav vege :)
    hehehe, are you trying to slim down your face?

    烤麥麩: sorry, my Chinese is poor, how to read the last character? And what is that? Tau fu?

    Fried Mango with Prawn: woooo, I want to try this :)

    Fried Yam Roll:.......................
    (nothing to comment, because I dont like to eat Yam, haha)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5! I loves spinach too!!! I never know spinach can help to slim down face! I will go to sapu all the spinach in the shopping mall later!!

      the last character pronounce as 'fu'. It tastes like dry tou fu (is it call dou gon?) A bit sweet in taste, so I feel the taste is a bit strange for me

      The mango and skin are both nice ~ prawn I don't know

      Why don't like? Taste good eh ~

      Delete
  2. oooo, you shall give me an award leh... I am always the first to comment :P

    (It means that I am really free hor... hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apa mao? If I kena the lucky draw from YT's blog then I'll ask for transferring to you OK? wakakakaka

      Delete
  3. Everyday say kam fei, everyday post food pics. I HATE CHU~ But today's lunch I eat very full, colleague treat me makan so I am not jealous hehehe. And I got lots of yummy cookies waiting for me at home *happy*

    I want the mango thingy! I love prawns, and I love mangoes, and I love deep fried stuff (oh yeah~)! So I am pretty sure I will love this dish. The tofu/bean curd thingy sound and look weird to me. Hehe. I never like beans, no matter what beans... So yea, not attracted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please look at the date at the first line of the post, its not too recent (cough)

      So nice got people belanja makan, eat until so full later you cannot fit in your size 32 then only you know.

      The mango prawn very nice ar! You come down here go makan la ~ there is no outlet in Penang right?

      Delete
    2. Don't think we have Ding Tai Fong here... :(

      Hahaha, one meal won't do any harm lar (cough cough). Anyway, dinner me gonna eat grape and yogurt only. Diet diet diet!

      Delete
    3. Cough cough I thought that suppose be ur DINNER until the day ZH's wedding

      Delete
  4. 那个 Fried Mango with Prawn 很神奇~ (眨眼眨眼)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我每次去ding tai feng都是吃酸辣面的!还有小笼包!竟然没有尝试过这些:
    Fried Mango with Prawn ~~~很特别!!!!!下次点来吃看!
    Fried Yam Roll ~ yam yam yummy!我喜欢!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 我以前也只愛吃他家的豬排拉麵, 還有豬排炒飯 (哈哈哈)
      最近才開始試菜單裡的其他食物, 他的鹹蛋南瓜很好吃下囉

      Delete
  6. 我活该!坐月子不该上来看文章,那个芒果炸虾卷让我恨得牙痒痒!!光看照片就很有吸引力了!(速速撇!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 啊!!!!! 啊!!!!! 啊!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      妳妳妳 ... 不乖! 坐月偷上網 (是有人說過不行上網嗎?)

      抱緊! 照顧寶寶累嗎? 我上多點食物文讓妳解饞...嘿嘿

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk