Skip to main content

Cafe Festive in Citta Mall

11/10 ~ 11/13
PJ was going through an odd week, alternate day of PH through the week. I didn't take additional days to make it a longer break (no place to go la ~) Yet, our cafe festive was happen coincidentally in this week. In addition, the location appear to be in Citta Mall, a mall that we didn't go for almost a year. Sadly to say, the mall is still pretty empty as its opening. 

10/11 (Sat) Figaro
My initial intention was San Francisco Coffee which I remembered there was an outlet in Citta Mall. Pretty big one with outdoor seating, should be a great place for weekend coffee break. My mate suggested San Francisco Coffee in Paradigm, yet I insisted for outdoor seating as the weather was quite cooling. We drove to Citta Mall and found that San Francisco Coffee was already no longer there (what a sad case)

We decided to try our luck with the current available cafes. We excluded Baci, we tried it before, a nice cafe but we opted something new. No Wondermilk because we generally don't like cup cakes. So, we left with Figaro and Dr. Cafe. 

I made a wrong moved to Figaro. Shouldn't judge the shop by its crowd. Figaro was more crowded than Dr. Cafe when we were there. Hence, I decided to try out Figaro (arghhh!) 

I ordered for Cafe au Lait, which turned out as small as an espresso size, with milk foam on top (don't believe in beautiful picture below) I admitted that I prefer lighter coffee taste and generally not fancy about Italian's coffee but at least don't serve me a coffee that taste sour. Not the usual fruity sour  but it tasted more like the beans was left too long and it turned sour. Maybe we just having a bad luck day? The crowd in this cafe was quite amazing. 
My mate always like to be a hero by ordering the weirdest from the menu, a Butterscotch Vanilla with Coffee Jelly. Funny taste ~ not much comments can be give in
By the way, I actually ordered for a cake but didn't seems to snap any photo of it. There isn't too many choices  from the cake selection, majority look dull. I placed an order for Chocolate Banana Cake, nothing great but with a charge of RM14.90 its definitely not worth the money. Other than a cake, we do order for a Samosa too (am I that hungry?) Again, nothing too impressive.

11/11 Dr. Cafe
The unsatisfied feeling from Figaro carried over to the next day which made us decide to try out Dr. Cafe which just right beside Figaro. First winning about Dr. Cafe over Figaro was when we opened the door at Dr. Cafe, we can smell the aroma of coffee which we didn't smell any yesterday. 

My mate again ordered for a weird Cookies Frappe with whipped cream, which turned out pretty satisfying. There were chunks of cookies bite and a cold drink always refreshing. Nothing great about my drink, its just a hot coffee with milk. No fancy hot drink can be order that day due to the machine was under maintenance. Of course, nothing too fancy about a hot coffee with milk, at least it wasn't taste sour. 
Since my mate ordered for a Cookies Frappe, I had choose a cake which a pair with his coffee, an Oreo Cheesecake. Very mild taste of cheese. Light and easy going cheesecake?

13/11 Baci
Somehow we decided to go back to try out the Baci. Hmm ... we were kinda free during the PH? We tried out Baci during our first and ever visit to Citta Mall and we do loves the ambiance and food there. Bright and cozy. We choose to sit indoor on the 'tatami' seating this time, just a right timing with one last spot for us.

shot from indoor to outdoor seating
Wondering what weird drink again? My mate went for a Tiramisu  Frappe and I ordered for a Butterscotch Coffee. The coffee here is very mild in taste, light enough for an evening coffee break without concerning too much on caffeine causing  insomnia at night. 
The best thing about Baci, there is a cake recipe in a combination of both ingredients I crazy with. Peanut and chocolate. Dang! Chocolate Peanut Pie!! Divine ~ 

My mate and I had a discussion about this after we visited 3 cafes and we came out with our own dine-in theory for cafe.
1. Don't enter a cafe with no coffee aroma
2. Never judge on crowd, instinct always tell the best
3. Don't enter a cafe with a menu listed with too many choices. This mean coffee is not a specialty here.

As for our experience, it is quite true though. The cafe that we really like basically very specialize in coffee. For example, Awaits Cafe and Coffee Famille. Surprisingly Mc Cafe actually very serious about their coffee as well, hence we do visit Mc Cafe quite often too (quality coffee with affordable price) Of course we sometimes do visit chains cafe as well, for instance, Dome, San Francisco and Coffee Beans & Tea Leaf. We prefer Dome the most actually for the food and coffee.




- the end -

Comments

  1. yeah, Hi-5 this time! yeah yeah! I love Dome more than Starbucks & CBTL.

    Oh Baci, my colleague has passed their name card to me on last week but I haven't get a chance to visit them... So, after your review, I must target it as a must-go-cafe :)

    Ok, thanks for your dine-in-theory; in fact, they sounds so true! Fully agreed with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! 5!! I like the food at Dome too, the mushroom soup is super nice (I will show you the photo next time lol)

      Nothing too fantastic about Baci, but the taking photos there will be a great! Aim for the 'tatami' seat, so relaxing~ But then the mall is very empty though

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, coffee... not something I like. I visit Starbucks often enuf to be called as a fan (by my colleagues) and I always order the green tea frappe/latte. But to be honest, I go for the environment, I love the ambiance they created (just a personal preference over the rest).

    Mmm, in Penang, I prefer those tiny cafes (some I blogged before) also because of the very cozy environment. But some has really awesome food/cakes/desserts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah la yeah la ~ I know you don't fancy about coffee (blek~)
      Hahaha ... I hardly go Starbuck, the coffee is kinda tasteless to me (oooppsss...)But sometimes when we just need a coffee in shopping mall, I guess the easiest access is all these chain cafe.

      Yeap, cafe in Penang is blossom recently, same to Klang Valley area as well. I can't wait to discover more cafe which sells really good coffee. Looooooong list to go ~

      Delete
  3. 我是咖啡精,所以这个就很吸引我了!!!

    Baci Baci。。。Noted!!!
    其实环境舒服的餐厅很容易吸引我!总觉得这样情况下喝咖啡都特别幸福 =)

    dine-in theory for cafe ~~~ LOL 有意思!我很赞同!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 是囉, 這篇完全中你心了吧~嘿嘿嘿

      Baci 的採光很好, 室內室外拍照都很漂亮.

      Delete
  4. Dome咖啡是这么多连锁咖啡厅当中,我觉得最好喝的。

    最近看到很多人分享漂亮咖啡馆或餐馆,总是心痒痒,但我最近非常宅,周末多数不出门。
    嗯,用眼睛喝咖啡好了.... XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dome 除了咖啡不錯,餐點也挺出色的。

      哎唷,叫你家相公帶妳出去走走啊。。相機收久了不好

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comment at your own risk