Skip to main content

香底面, Gua Musang

After 6hours of driving, we finally entered the border of Kelantan, Gua Musang. As usual, stopped by at KFC, not for lunch but toilet. Walking on the main street, not much makan shop doing business today. I remember there should be some shops behind the main street. Hopped in the car and go. I ter-glanced a tiny shop behind this big mamak under a giant tree. Not much tables, but ... all occupied ... must be quite a decent shop.

quite a number of choices

Parked the car, walked there. Waited few minutes for one uncle to finish his last few bites. Not too sure what to order, I was attracted by curry mee initially, but, the owner said today no curry mee. Nevermind, walked nearer to the stall, wow ... published in newspaper for ... "xiang di mian" .... ? Fragrance noodle? Lets try it then ... its a home made noodle, look similar to "yee mee", just slightly thinner, fresh made everyday. So, one "xiang di mian" and one "fu zou lo mee"

xiang di mian

Xiang Di Mian was first to serve, the noodle is thin and crispy. I guess the owner deep fried the noodle, taste a lot better than yee mee. The interest taste was pepper, not from the soup, its from the noodle itself. We both love this bowl of noodle so much. Finished the whole bowl of noodle, including the soup, except for the pork's accessories. 

fu zou lo mee

My Fu Zou Lo Mee served next, ermmmm ..... can't compete isn't? The soup taste so vinegar, ok ... I had a peppery and salty taste buds. Frankly ... ... this just taste mediocre, compare to the super power xiang di mian.




- the end - 

Comments