I passed by Belanga few times when I was exploring Subang Empire (too many choices). It always not much people dine in when I passed by, yet, I still want to give it a try after a glance at their menu. The menu spoke to me, especially the Nasi Tumpang and Lompat Tikam. I had Nasi Tumpang at Warung in MidValley before, very recommended. Since Belanga is run by a Kelantan lady, hence, I want to give it a try.
look at the signature dishes
So, we make it today, after so many times of passing by the restaurant. It was near lunch time, few tables were occupied. We picked a seat near to window, and had a details study at their menu. I had made up my mind before I entered the restaurant, it just my date that need to make up his decision. Finally ... a nasi kerabu, a nasi tumpang, a kopi susu, an ice kacang and a lompat tikam.
nasi kerabu with grill fish
It just take a while for them to serve our nasi kerabu. It is nicely presented with grill fish, fresh vegetable (with some raw bean sprout, un-telan-able) and some crispy keropok. I was amazed by their homemade chili source, it taste very homey (well, so call Kelantan local taste la ...)
crispy keropok
de-bone in progress
de-boned fish & very raw tauge
When we were half way eating the nasi kerabu, I was wondering if they had forgotten my nasi tumpang. Shouldn't a packet rice served faster than nasi kerabu? Guess what? They forgot my order ...
They served it as soon as we reminded them. What should I say about Belanga's nasi tumpang? The rice ... cooked in a way that ... some will really love it or some just totally dislike it. You can't see the biji of rice, which is claim to be a traditional cooking style in Kelantan. True? I think so, I do enjoy it very much. The fish, floss and a little bit of curry, mix it well with rice and the taste is so so so unique that you could rarely order at other restaurant (unless I go back to KB ... sigh ... start to count down for puasa)
They served it as soon as we reminded them. What should I say about Belanga's nasi tumpang? The rice ... cooked in a way that ... some will really love it or some just totally dislike it. You can't see the biji of rice, which is claim to be a traditional cooking style in Kelantan. True? I think so, I do enjoy it very much. The fish, floss and a little bit of curry, mix it well with rice and the taste is so so so unique that you could rarely order at other restaurant (unless I go back to KB ... sigh ... start to count down for puasa)
"dressed" nasi tumpang
"undressed" nasi tumpang with layering (take a look at the texture of rice)
Back to the beverage, the ice kacang was flooded with nangka (I hate the smell), kelapa and strangest thing is avocado (they serve avocado coffee, lets try this next time). My mate like it a lot, and grown a tummy full with water after the meal (ice turned to air, pa-de muko).
fruity ice kacang
My drink, kopi susu has nothing great to share. It just a normal kopi susu you can order at any place including mamak. It just taste the same. However, I keep the lompat tikam until the last, save the best for last. They serve the dessert at a more presentable way for sure. The taste, hmm ... initially I did not stir or mix all the ingredient together, so, the white color layer, which is santan, almost tasteless. The green color, kuih thingie taste a bit sweet. Then .. I mixed the santan with the black color gula melaka layer, then only it started to taste like a lompat tikam. ho ho ho ... my bad.
almost can't recognize its a lompat tikam
Generally, Belanga served a very delicious Kelantan cuisine with affordable price. It will be a place for me to hang out more often if I miss laksam or nasi dagang, but for sure the next round during our visit, nasi tumpang will be order again.
- the end -
Comments
Post a Comment
Comment at your own risk